Saturday, January 1, 2011

Guild Raffle Quilt

One of my customers came to pick up a quilt one day and asked me if I belonged to the guild. I did belong to the Asheville Quilt Guild and that I really liked it. She asked if I would be willing to join the Mountain Piecemakers Quilt Guild which meets in Burnsville. I live about half way between the two so I went to their next meeting to check it out. I was instantly recruited to make the next year's raffle quilt. This is one of those times when you say 'If I only knew then what I know now..." LOL, just kidding, it was a neat experience and a fun quilt to make. I chose about 5 patterns and took them to the next board meeting so the officers could decide which quilt they liked best. We voted on a dresden wall hanging pattern I had. It had one large dresden set on point and bordered. We tweaked the pattern some {alot} and came up with a layout that would make it slightly larger than a queen size quilt.  I spent ALOT of time quilting this one and (I don't say this very often) I LOVE IT! It was hard to hand this one over to the woman who won the raffle, I think I may need to make another one for me.


The fabrics were bought at My Happy Place



 Here are some details of the quilting:

 




Finished Quilt


No comments: