Sunday, October 31, 2010

Aubrey's Quilt



This is my beautiful girl, Aubrey....my 'mini me', poor thing! She loves horses, so her quilt is horsey inspired. The fabrics in the pinwheels have daises and horseshoes on them so they are mildly girlie but not too girlie so that she would hate it. She picked the pattern and I picked the fabrics.



The border fabrics have not only beautiful quarter horses on them but also cowgirls. Again, slightly feminine but not tooooo much,
This quilt was the first one I did with custom quilting, don't look too close. ;) It is quilted with daises and corresponding abstract block filling designs. The back of the quilt is pink with more beautiful horses and cowgirls on it. It fits perfectly on her bed...now if it is ever neatly made, I will take a pic of it in use and post it...don't hold your breath.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Cute girl! I love the horse shoe fabric! You did a great job of balancing a little bit of feminine in there but keeping it not too girlie. Very nice.

xo -El