Thursday, October 14, 2010

NB Elementary School Donation Quilt



It is safe to say that I HATE SCHOOL FUNDRAISERS!!! Especially considering that I have 5 school aged kids that all bring home the same packets. One can only buy so much cookie dough, wrapping paper and coupon books. And considering that when I buy that $20 tub of cookie dough (that is not even close to as good as my own) the school actually sees about $2 of it. That being said, I do understand and appreciate that the schools do need parental help to keep our school supplied and staffed in a way that is best for the kids. So, last year I decided that I would make a quilt and donate it to the school and they could do what they like with it in whatever fashion they thought would do the most good. They chose to put it into a raffle basket (mind you wadded up and shoved in the back where all you could see is one square and people probably thought it was a pot holder). People could buy tickets for whatever basket they chose and then there was a drawing for each basket. I am not sure how much was raised and I hope that whomever got it enjoys it. Here it is:

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, that is so pretty! I love pinwheels!

Oh, and I'm with you on the fundraisers

xo -El