Saturday, February 12, 2011

Iron Carry Bag

I picked up this pattern at Fiddlesticks Quilt Shop when we were in Las Vegas a few weeks back. It is the cutiest little shop in Boulder City, NV. It is meant to carry your iron when it is still hot. They had a sample made in the store and I thought, even if you don't use it for your iron, it makes a cute bag.

I needed something use for a crafty swap, it just so happens that my assigned 'buddy' is a rock hound. She is a geologist by education and a quilter for fun. So I collected some 'rockish' type fabrics and set out to make this. I think it came out pretty cute. I hope she likes it. ;)
The 'Rocky' Bag

Lining
And while I was at it, I made a little card hold to go along with it:

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

How cute is the rock purse! I think the recipient will be thrilled.

GerryART said...

What kind of thermal batt/lining does the pattern call for?

I really need to have something for when I do take an iron to a class.

Hugs,
Gerry

Unknown said...

Love the purse!

Myra said...

What a great and thoughtful gift for your friend! Nice job! 8-)

coley said...

Can I just say that I'm the luckiest gal! Angie I do love it!! :) Thanks again hun!!

Iris said...

So AWESOME!!!!!!! Loving that rock fabric.